Thursday 17 December 2009

logo


Logo

• I have incorporated the idea of an intertextual link to a famous horror film Psycho into our logo by adding a running shower in our logo to symbolise flowing blood from the phallic objected lettering, which is a signifier of a weapon.
• I have used Photoshop-Elements to manipulate a photo I took of a shower head using a digital camera, by using the lasso tool and magic wand to cut around it, then using the artistic filter effect of neon in a similar colour blue to the lettering, we then re-size the image to fit with the lettering.
• I added water drops coming out of the shower head to help better establish what it was.
• I used the colour blue because it’s an inoffensive unisex primary colour, and intertextually refers to the convention of blue tint being widely used in horror films e.g. Halloween.
• I chose the letters A and J to intertwine as they are mine and my partner’s initial of our first names making the logo more personal to ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers